Welcome to Sport and Recreation Spatial
Sport and Recreation Spatial is a collaborative venture of Federation University and Victoria University. Sport and Recreation Spatial integrates data about sport and recreation participation, sport and recreation facilities, population demographics and population health from multiple data custodians.
Investigating sport and recreation participation and facilities, and health, for evidence based decision making for the sport and recreation sector
Sport and Recreation Spatial provides a strong evidence base and an increased capacity for research, strategic planning, and development of participation programs and facilities. This is achieved through:
- A national geographic information system for presenting spatial data relevant to all levels of the sport and recreation industry.
- An associated research program which can address questions of national and international significance
- Participation levels and trends
- Influences on participation
- Value of sport: the health benefits of participation
- Places to play: the nexus between facilities and participation